Saturday, May 24, 2014

Parallel & Perpendicular Art


When I noticed that quite a few of my students were confused by the terms "parallel" and "perpendicular," I decided it was time for an end-of-year art activity. I visited my Math - Art Pinterest page and discovered a sweet little project at Math Activities*. Students worked on this during free moments at home and at school.

*You'll notice that we purposely did the lesson a bit different than originally described.


I love the way this turned out. And, yes...they now can tell me what parallel and perpendicular are! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Their art looks great! Wonderful idea!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. These projects turned out so great! Can you describe the process a bit? Did you use tape as the original website mentioned? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No tape. Only pencils/pens and a ruler. Honestly, it couldn't have been more simple. The vibrant colors are from using Prismacolor colored pencils. Thanks for asking.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a message. I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate! And I do LOVE chocolate. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips